Java Control Panel (JCP) displays clipped controls if High DPI mode is in effect.
The issue can be reproduced in Windows if you set font scaling to 200%, with 150% all controls fit the JCP size.
To reproduce the issue:
1. Right-click empty space on Desktop and click "Screen resolution".
2. Click "Make text and other items larger or smaller" link.
3. In Windows 8: Click "Custom sizing options".
In Windows 7: Click "Set custom text size (DPI)" in the left pane of the window.
4. Select 200% in "Scale to this percentage of normal size" *, and click OK.
5. Click Apply.
6. Logout and Login to apply the new settings.
7. Start Java Control Panel, or javacpl.exe.
8. You will see that "See the Security tab" link is clipped.
* I don't know whether "Use Windows XP style DPI scaling" option in Windows��7 has any effect. There's no such option in Windows 8.