his is a from a customer escalated case, esc# 1-14567918, case# 64879233.
1. load the attached html "testAppletSimple.htm", this will bring up the
applet which basically draw a box
2. close the browser by clicking the "x" of the browser window (or click browser's
back button. This is better since no need to quit browser), this will
trigger the modal dialog window
3. Now that the modal dialog window is up, click another window to activate
(eg a command prompt window)
4. go back to the browser window by clicking on the window frame.
5. At this time, the modal dialog can still get focus and clickable.
6. Click the other application window again. Then come back click the browser window.
7. Now the modal dialog can not get focus and not responsive to click. In 5.0u7, try to click button in the modal dialog. It does not seem to respond at first. 2-3 seconds later, the dialog goes away and the browser closes window (or back to previous page if you click back button).
Also attached is a java stack trace at the time of the hang.
Cu has reproduced the problem on JDK 1.4.2_06 and 1.4.2_10.
I have seen this problem on 1.4.2_11 and 1.5.0_04 as well.