Consolidated download engine and caching support between Java Plug-in and Java Web Start including adding from from each product to both:
- Add JNLP style versioning support for plugin resources
- Add offline mode support to plugin.
- Implement cache cleanup policies as in plugin for common cache.
- Expand CD install to cover plugin resources as well as webstart.
- Add ability to access JNLP API from plugin applets.
- Allow the no-cache property (as now in plugin)
this is related to 3 other RFE's:
4398084 - Enhancements to common Download Engine / Cache in deployment.
- Add resumable download support.
- Implement http compression of non-jar items.
- Respect no-cache directive in URL headers.
4414439 - Add URL aliasing, namespaces, or id's to support
the same resource accessed from differant URL's.
4690736 - Jar indexing, and JNLPClassLoader reorg. in Java Web Start