JDK-8024788 : (fs) Files.readAllBytes uses FileChannel which may not be supported by all providers
The Version table provides details related to the release that this issue/RFE will be addressed.
Unresolved : Release in which this issue/RFE will be addressed. Resolved: Release in which this issue/RFE has been resolved. Fixed : Release in which this issue/RFE has been fixed. The release containing this fix may be available for download as an Early Access Release or a General Availability Release.
Someone using a file system provider that doesn't support FileChannel has run into this, see:
SQE is ok to take the fix in 7u60.
Critical Request Template
- Justification : Useful backport pointed out by Dev
- Risk Analysis : Low risk. this has baked in JDK8 for over 2 months.
- Webrev : http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8/tl/jdk/rev/95bb56c61276
- Testing (done/to-be-done) : regression testing
- Back ports (done/to-be-done) : n/a
- FX Impact : (Client bugs only)