I have a applet which has a single button, clicking on the button invokes the file dialog. Which is a modal dialog. Clicking on the applet ,makes the filedialog to flicker which is a correct behaviour. If i click on the title & border of the browser the behavoiur can be seen (filedialog flickering). But if i click some where out side the applet , but with in the html page content, then the file dialog goes behind the html page. I have to click twice to get the filedialog above the applet. This may make the user to get confuse , he/she may try to click on the applet button which goes not invoke the file dialog. He/she may press Alt + F4 to close the browser . this action closes the browser it self. which is incorrect.
It is reproducable in vista & windows xp professional IE 7.0 , but not reproduced in FireFox or Mozilla in win xp.
Step to reproduce:
1) Load the applet in IE 7.0 in vista ultimate.
2) click on the "Click Me" button. Observe that you will see a file Dialog.
3) Click on the applet the file dialog flickers.
4) Click on the title of the browser & the close button of the browser, the file dialog flickers.
5) Click some where on the html page , but not on the applet. Observe that File dialog goes behind the browser. If you see the same then the bug is reproduced.
6) Click on the applet once. Observe that file dialog does not come on top of the applet.
7) Click on the applet once again . Observe that file dialog goest on top of the applet. Actually the file dialog should come on to of the applet for the first click .
8) Repeat step (5).
9) Press space & Alt button so that browser system menu is seen. Select ALT + F4 ( to close the browser). If the browser closes & file dialog disappears. then the bug is reproduced.