JDK-4485914 : Need ability to disable Swing DropTarget
The Version table provides details related to the release that this issue/RFE will be addressed.
Unresolved : Release in which this issue/RFE will be addressed. Resolved: Release in which this issue/RFE has been resolved. Fixed : Release in which this issue/RFE has been fixed. The release containing this fix may be available for download as an Early Access Release or a General Availability Release.
In 1.4 Swing added support for a TransferHandler on JComponent. Once set this will add a DropTarget to the JComponent. As adding a DropTarget may affect existing applications that are adding DropTargets there needs to a way to turn this off.
BugTraq+ Release Management Values
COMMIT TO FIX:
Yes, we should make this a System property and document it in JComponent:
* Sets the <code>transferHandler</code> property,
* which is <code>null</code> if the component does
* not support data transfer operations.
* If <code>newHandler</code> is not null, and the system property
* <code>suppressSwingDropSupport</code> is not true, this will
* install a <code>DropTarget</code> on the <code>JComponent</code>.
* @param newHandler mechanism for transfer of data to
* and from the component
* @see TransferHandler
* @see getTransferHandler
* @since 1.4
* bound: true
* hidden: true
* description: Mechanism for transfer of data to and from the component
public void setTransferHandler(TransferHandler newHandler);