Java console opens as completely blank and there is no text inside when opened from java tray icon, in case of IE6
1) Install latest PIT build (6u10-b23)
2) Open java control panel and make sure "Show Console" is not selected under Advanced tab
3) Load an applet in IE6
4) After the applet got loaded try to open the java console by right clicking the tray icon
5) Java console get opened but there is no text inside (completely blank)
6) Confirm the same by clicking the Copy button in java console and pasting the content into any editor say, notepad
If Show Console is enabled in the Java Control Panel, Java console comes up with the text content in it. Hiding and showing Console from tray icon this time, behaves normal.
The same problem is observed with Firefox 3 beta 3 version, but not able to reproduce in all the versions of FF.
With IE7, this is not reproducible by any means.