JDK-8218180 : JAB description in Control Panel is messed
The Version table provides details related to the release that this issue/RFE will be addressed.
Unresolved : Release in which this issue/RFE will be addressed. Resolved: Release in which this issue/RFE has been resolved. Fixed : Release in which this issue/RFE has been fixed. The release containing this fix may be available for download as an Early Access Release or a General Availability Release.
Regression from JDK-8216328 fix. The description looks as on the attached screenshot. The text should be "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\jabswitch", but there are unprintable characters instead of the back slashes.
Installer bug, not available in OpenJDK, putting openjdk-na tag. Revert if incorrect.
- Justification : fix JAB description for Windows Control Panel. The description string was missing escape for backslash characters.
- Risk Analysis : low risk
- Webrev : https://java.se.oracle.com/code/cru/CR-JDK-JDK-292
- Testing (done/to-be-done) : see crucible
- Back ports (done/to-be-done) : NA
- FX Impact : NA
- Fix For Release : 11u, 12u
The fix is to escape single backslash characters in closed\install\src\windows\installerdll\l10n\strings_*.wxl files :
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\jabswitch -> %JAVA_HOME%\\bin\\jabswitch