FULL PRODUCT VERSION :
- JDK 11 compiled from the source code in the repository (http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/client) on 03/16/2018.
- JDK 8 compiled from the source code in the repository (http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8u/jdk8u-dev) on 03/16/2018.
ADDITIONAL OS VERSION INFORMATION :
MS Windows 10 OS
A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM :
Touch keyboard which is specific to MS Windows 10, MS Windows 8.1, MS Windows 8 OSes is not automatically shown, if a user touches one Swing or AWT text component, after other Swing or AWT text component had focus and the touch keyboard was shown for that other text component.
STEPS TO FOLLOW TO REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM :
1. Make sure that Windows 10 is installed on the host and a display with the touch screen is connected to the host.
2. Switch on "Tablet" mode in the OS.
3. Compile and run the attached test case "MoveFocusOnlyBetweenTextComponents.java".
4. Touch the area of any text component shown in the test case window. As the result the touch keyboard should be shown.
5. Touch the area of another text component in the test case window. The bug is reproduced, if the touch keyboard is hidden and not shown again for the second text component which was touched.