FULL PRODUCT VERSION :
JDK 9 b109, JDK 8u92 b14, JDK 8u66 b17
ADDITIONAL OS VERSION INFORMATION :
MS Windows 7 OS
A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM :
The desktop shortcut for Java Web Start application previously created by Java Web Start according to requirements in the application's JNLP file is not updated and refers to nonexistent JNLP file in deployment cache, after the JNLP file contents is changed on the server and the application is run the second time through the browser. As a result the application cannot be run using the desktop shortcut.
STEPS TO FOLLOW TO REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM :
1. Upload JAR, JNLP files of the attached test case "ShortcutIsNotUpdatedOnJNLPChange.zip" to the same directory on an accessible web server.
2. Uninstall all JREs from the host.
3. Install JRE 9 or JRE 8 to be tested.
4. Edit JNLP file of the test case uploaded to the web server in step #1 by setting the appropriate URL value, which is URL of the directory with JAR, JNLP files of the test case on the web server, to "codebase" attribute of "jnlp" element. Save the changes in the file.
5. Open Internet Explorer (IE) browser and load JNLP file of the test case uploaded to the web server. The test Java Web Start application should run, the shortcut "ShortcutIsNotUpdatedOnJNLPChange.lnk" should be created on the desktop. Exit the test application.
6. Edit JNLP file of the test case on the web server by changing the element
"<property name="jnlp.testSessionID" value="id10"/>"
"<property name="jnlp.testSessionID" value="id11"/>"
Save the changes in the file.
7. Load JNLP file of the test case in IE browser again. The test Java Web Start application should run again. Exit the test application.
8. Double click on the desktop shortcut "ShortcutIsNotUpdatedOnJNLPChange.lnk". The bug is reproduced, if the test Java Web Start application cannot be run successfully after the double click on the shortcut.