JDK-7141458 : dtjava.launch for webstart application does not work
The Version table provides details related to the release that this issue/RFE will be addressed.
Unresolved : Release in which this issue/RFE will be addressed. Resolved: Release in which this issue/RFE has been resolved. Fixed : Release in which this issue/RFE has been fixed. The release containing this fix may be available for download as an Early Access Release or a General Availability Release.
dtjava.launch for webstart application does not work
problem: after changing DT plugin to unicode, dtjava.launch does not work. the native launch file did not get written out correctly, and the launch code to launch javaws process is not correct either.
fix for dtjava launch route, calling into DT native plugin:
- for DT plugin, launch file will be written out in unicode.
- correcly launch javaws process
- in the Java code, first try to parse launch file in platform default encoding, and then fall back to java defaults.
- for DT plugin, add minimum version requirement check before starting javaws
fix for deployJava launch, calling into plugin2 native:
- since it's basically the same launchJNLP and launchJavaws call, modified plugin2's windows code to be a copy of DT plugin. this helps when we will convert plugin2 code to unicode later, since DT plugin code is unicode already.
testcase: test on windows, IE/FF/Chrome:
deployJava style: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/deployment/webstart/examples/dist/webstart_ComponentArch_DynamicTreeDemo/JavaWebStartAppPage_No_Codebase.html
dtjava style: any FX2 webstart apps