FULL PRODUCT VERSION :
This is first reported with java6. java7 contains it as well. And the current java8 internal build.
ADDITIONAL OS VERSION INFORMATION :
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM :
In windows high contrast mode, java web start uses black as the color for paint focus, however the background is black, so the focus can not be seen.
STEPS TO FOLLOW TO REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM :
1. Run one javaws application.
2. Go to "Control panel -->Accessibility options --> the Display tab" .
3. Select "Use high Contrast". Click on "Settings" button and ensure that
"High contrast black(extra language)" in the color scheme.
4. Make sure that you have one jnlp imported in java cache viewer.(The 1st
5. Run the following command to invoke java cache viewer
6. Select "Applications" in show combo box.
7. Select the any application present in java cache viewer.
8. Now, using Tab key to go to icons present in java cache viewer.(i.e Run
icon, Show icon etc..)
EXPECTED VERSUS ACTUAL BEHAVIOR :
Focus should be visible on focused image icons.
Focus will not be visible on focused image icons.
This bug can be reproduced always.