Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Load the following draggable "Stopwatch" applet into a browser
2. Following the instructions in the webpage to drag the applet out of the browser.
3. Close the browser - at this point you'll be asked whether you want to create a shortcut for the dragged-out applet.
4. Upon clicking on "Yes" on the dialog from the above step, if you see an error dialog with "Unable to create a shortcut for Stopwatch" in the masthead, the problem is reproduced. (Screenshot of the dialog (stopwatch.PNG) is in the attachment.)
- this problem was there in 6u10 b30
- if you load a different draggable applet such as the following, the problem isn't reproducible: