FULL PRODUCT VERSION :
Java Plug-in 1.6.0_06
ADDITIONAL OS VERSION INFORMATION :
Windows XP Professional ver 2002 Service Pack 2
A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM :
A user selects the following language for their system:
Input language: Chinese (Taiwan)
Keyboard layout/IME: Chinese (Traditional) - Quick
When typing text into a JTextPane, some characters will be selected in blue to indicate they can be changed into other Chinese characters. If the user presses enter when the last character or two characters are selected (by Java to indicate they can be changed using the IME) the cursor will appear on a new line. When the user presses a key, the cursor will change the selected character/s on the previous line and return the cursor to this line.
When using other applications such as Microsoft Notepad or Word, pressing enter and typing text will neither change the text on the previous line or move the cursor to the previous line.
STEPS TO FOLLOW TO REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM :
1. Open the webpage:
2. Click the 'Launch' button to load the webstart application.
3. Click in the bottom right editable pane.
4. Delete all content from the pane.
5. Change your input language to Chinese (Taiwan), keyboard input to Chinese (Traditional) - Quick.
6. Press the keys A, S, D. Press enter and you'll be taken to a new line. Press A and the text on line will change and the carat will be repositioned on line 1.
Try this functionality in Microsoft Word or notepad to see the difference.
EXPECTED VERSUS ACTUAL BEHAVIOR :
New text should appear on the second line.
Text on line one changes and the carat is repositioned to line 1.
This bug can be reproduced always.
---------- BEGIN SOURCE ----------
---------- END SOURCE ----------