Tested OS/browser: XP-pro(sp2)/ IE 6
32-bit Windows Vista/ IE 7
(the issue appears to be specific to IE)
Tested build: jre 6u10-b08 (current Plug-in and the next generation Java Plug-in)
jre.exe nightly build (12/07/2007)
There is different behavior in loading applet in current Plug-in mode v/s the next generation Java Plug-in. (applet loaded with exception v/s applet wasn't loaded at all)
Steps to reproduce:
- Browse http://vrxstudios.com/hotel_program
- Click "DEMOS" on the left frame
- Click the blue camera icons to view virtual tour (ex: Venetian Bella Suite)
Attached are 3 screenshots when Venetian Bella Suite blue camera icon clicked:
1) <6u10-b08-xpie6-hotel-demos.bmp>: Used 6u10-b08 and current Plugin mode. There was exception on Java console but the demo applet loaded fine.
2) <6u10-b08-jpi2-xpie6-hotel-demos.bmp>: Used 6u10-b08 and Enable the next-generation Java Plug-in. There was exception on Java console and the demo applet wasn't loaded at all
3) <nightly-jre.exe-120707-jpi2-xpie6-hotel-demos.bmp> Used nighly build (12/07/2007) and Enable the next generation Java Plug-in. There was no exception on the java console and the demo applet wasn't loaded at all
One can claim that the demo applet stops working in plugin2. (in comparison with the current plug-in). The simliar behavior is also noticed for applet from games.iwon.com.