Handles and GDI objects leak was introduced in the JCG nightly build dated 5/31.
All JCG 6u3 nightly builds can be accessed from:
To reproduce - use a windows XP machine with IE browser:
- install JRE 6u3 build dated 5/31 or newer
- unzip the attached testcase (TC04-01.zip)
- load the TC04-01_Top.html into the browser
- set the interval to like 1s (1000)
- click on the launch button
- using taskmgr, you can observe that the handles and GDI objects counts are increasing
The leaked handles are mostly key (ZoneMap) see attached key-leak.txt.
The leaked GDI objects are mostly brushes.
Based on the following page, there was some java2d bug fixes for the 5/31 nightly build.