Build Tried : Promoted 6u2 JRE build
OS : Windows XP
There are some serious painting issues when a Java based GUI windows is invoked as from a javscript or exercising any Java > JS > Java scenario. It can even led to hanging of browser.
Steps to reproduce
Applet 1 :
1) Try loading the following applet in firefox or mozilla
2) Click on the "callJava" Button. Modal dialog should be there.
3) Try to move the modal dialog over the browser window. You can see repainting is not getting done properly.
4) Try to hide the browser window under some other active window and then try to bring focus back again to Modal dialog. if the browser hangs then hanging issues is reporduced.
Applet 2 :
1) Try loading the following applet in firefox or mozilla or IE
2) Click on the "JavaToJS" Button. Modal dialog should be there.
3) Repainting issue on Frefox/mozilla can also be reproduced with this applet also.
4)If the browser hangs then the problem is reproduced