Please run the attached test programs(Test1.java) using Client VM or take a look at
the attached test result(result.txt). You'll notice that a variable(pre)'s value
is unexpectedly changed from true to false (at line 34 in result.txt) in the middle
Based on circumstantial evidence, we think there is a bug in client VM.
- This bug is reproducible only with Client VM. Not reproducible with -server nor -Xint.
- This bug is not always reproducible. Please run the test program several times if you
don't see the symptom.
- Interestingly, this bug becomes non-reproducible
* if you comment out the assignment expression to a variable(brk) at line 17
or the "for" loop at line 27
- or -
* if you rearrange the order of two variable definitions at line 4 and 5.
boolean brk = true;
boolean pre = false;
According to the original bug reporter, this can be reproducible with a break statement with a label as well as a continue statement.