- Launch JFileChooser with Windows L&F
- In the dropdown, select C:
- In the file list, double click "Documents and Settings"
- In the file list, double click your username
Problem 1) Notice that the "My Documents" folder has a distinguishable icon (different than a regular folder). With the native JFileChooser, it doesn't in this view.
- Double click "My Documents"
Problem 2) Look in the dropdown. It shows the wrong location for "My Documents". It should show that you're in "C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents". Instead, it shows's that you're in "My Documents", the child of the desktop.
Similar problems appear on Vista with the "user" folder, and the "My Documents" folder. Care needs to be taken to correctly handle these folders on Vista.