Name: dmR10075 Date: 11/26/2001
On Solaris/Linux robot has separate child process which performs all
robot actions (like mouse moves etc.) When this process is got killed by
some reason we need to restart it automatically to provide robot
functionality in applications. However when robot is restarted it is not
being initialized correctly and unable to work. On some platforms (like
Madrake 7.0/8.0) "killing" of robot happens very often so on that platforms
robot doesn't work very often.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open terminal window to full-screen
2. Run the test shown below with 'java_g Test&'
3. The test will provide some output, you should see one initilization section
starting with 'CHILD: process started'
4. Every 3 second you will see action section (like mouse press).
4. Run 'ps' to see the PID of awt_robot
5. Run 'kill -9 <robot_pid>
6. Now every 3 seconds you will see initialization section 'CHILD: process
started' which means that every time we try to access robot AWT tries to start
new robot process and never succeeds.
The automatic reproduction requires some large test case, if you need it
contact me for details.
The system configuration to reproduce:
Reproducible from release/build: