The DnDMerlinQLTestsuite DnDImageTest is failing for between JVM scenario on Solaris 64-bit only (Ultra 10). This has been observed on Solaris 8 and Solaris 9. The test passes on 32-bit versions of Solaris 2.6 and 7 (as well as other platforms).
Each test in the DnDMerlinQLTestsuite has two scenarios:
- Within Same JVM
- Between JVM
The DnDImageTest will pass in SameJVM mode but fail in BetweenJVM mode with core exception:
An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0xFDFB4844
The complete log is attached as file "hs_err_pid8631.log".
For both test scenarios, the DataFlavor used is:
The failure may have been present for a few builds as it was thought to be related to DnD performance degradation bug (the test suite would generate some false failures because extra time was required for drop to complete).
Steps to reproduce
The DnDMerlinQLTestsuite is located in the workspace:
1) Copy the test suite to a local directory and change all permissions to allow write access.
2) The tests for the suite are located in the directory:
Remove all other test cases from the directory except for DnDImageTest.java
3) Go to the root test directory:
4) set JAVA_HOME variable.
5) type "gnumake"
6) The test suite will compile all classes and execute any tests in the testcases/ directory (in this case only DnDImageTest.java).
7) Observe the failure in the second part of the test
- first part (sameJVM) of the test will pass
- second part (betweenJVM) of the test will fail
- Bug was still occurring with Merlin build 1.4.0-beta3-b83