The bugs.java.com site will be undergoing maintenance on 15th Dec 2017 21:00 PST to 16th Dec 2017 1:00 AM PST.
JDK-8022452 : Hotspot needs to know about Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
The Version table provides details related to the release that this issue/RFE will be addressed.
Unresolved : Release in which this issue/RFE will be addressed. Resolved: Release in which this issue/RFE has been resolved. Fixed : Release in which this issue/RFE has been fixed. The release containing this fix may be available for download as an Early Access Release or a General Availabitlity Release.
The code in os_windows.cpp (os::print_windows_version) needs to check for and recognize the new Windows versions.
SQE OK to take it into CPU 14_02
7u60 Critical Request
- Justification : need to be applied to complete a fix for JDK-8020191. Low risk fix which helps us better support windows 8.1 in jdk7u. In JDK 8 since August 2013.
- Risk Analysis : Low risk: affects only info stored in JVM log file.
- Webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~miroslawzn/8022452/webrev.01/
- Testing : see JDK-8020191. Check output for System.getProperty( "os.name" )
- Back ports : to be done: backport to jre6
7u-justification : Needed to complete a fix for JDK-8020191