- Be able to see browser JVM plugin trace in the browser console
- Basic tracing framework to use browser logging capabilities
- Browser JVM can have list of PluginLog instances
- One of them does what we used to have - output to console
(PluginLog itself for Mac/Unix, ConsoleLog on windows)
- We also create FirebugLog object per plugin instance.
It will send output to window.console.log provided by Firebug
and most of the modern NPAPI based browsers.
- PluginTrace.java is java view on the log framework.
Currently we only use it to redirect stdout to it
(most of trace log on browser VM side is stdout based).
Change keeps original console shell window. In my experiments i tested log to the browser console works for:
- Safari on Mac
- FF 3.6 + Firebug on Windows
- Chrome 17 on Windows