Here is a list of proposed changes:
- Update create.bat to take only the argument of the JDK, everything else should be standardized or inferred
- Do not copy the jvm.dll into the JDK, instead the updated launcher (hotspot.exe) can be used to run the jvm from inside the build directory
- Change the folder layout of the VS project so it looks like the directory layout
- Enable multi-processor builds in VS
- Shorten build times by not running build_vm_def.sh if not needed
- Make sure the VS2010 conversion wizard has no warnings when converting the VS2008 project
For the time being we should not generate VS2010 projects directly but depend on the VS2008->VS2010 conversion wizard, although we should aim for it in the future.