When using the SA to open core files on machines which are different than the machine where the crash occurred, we need to redirect libproc to open the libraries that we've gotten from the target machine. It has no built in support for doing this so we've used a couple different techiniques for this. One is a library called interpose.so which is configured separately and the other is a modified version of libproc that has support for a hook to change where it reads files from. These each have their own problems but we need a solution that's built into the SA and requires little external configuration. The only applies to solaris as our linux libsaproc has handles this directly and windows operates completely differently.
The fix I've settled on is to take the existing SA_ALTROOT code which is used with the custom libproc and built an audit library that allows saproc to interpose on all open calls from libproc only. This gets around some of the problems with interpose.so interposing on opens that you don't actually want.