FULL PRODUCT VERSION :
ADDITIONAL OS VERSION INFORMATION :
windows Xp Professional SP2
A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM :
In LMS (Learning Management System) software Oracle iLearning 5.1 , after installing Java 1.6.0_10, assessments do not dsplay, but if uncheck in java control panel option java plug-in for next generation the assessments work.
We have approximately 20,000 users and we can not help at all because the workaround is time
Learners have reported problem in that the assessments are not playing after java 1.6.0_10 was installed. Have confirmed this XP and Vista platforms with IE 7.0 with the customer.
Learners cannot complete certification exams using JRE/JAVA 1.6.0_10.
STEPS TO FOLLOW TO REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM :
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into http://gesforchile.miscursos.cl as learner (user javatest, pass java)
2. Play assessment 'Test evaluation java'
3. Navigate in outline to 'Test evaluation java'
4. Screen is blank and IE report error
EXPECTED VERSUS ACTUAL BEHAVIOR :
Expect assessment to play, but the screen is blank after install of Java version 1.6.0_10 .
the screen is blank after install of Java version 1.6.0_10 and 1.6.0_11, and 1.6.0_12 beta too
ERROR MESSAGES/STACK TRACES THAT OCCUR :
Error: IE Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
This bug can be reproduced always.
CUSTOMER SUBMITTED WORKAROUND :
1. Disabling the following in the java control panel:
Advanced -> Java Plug-in -> Enable the next-generation Java Plug-in(requires browser restart).
2. Close all the browsers(IE and any other non IE browsers if open).
3. Clear cache,delete offline content,check task manager to see if any iexplorer is still running.
4. Now open a fresh IE and test,the questions should be displayed.
Release Regression From : 6u7
The above release value was the last known release where this
bug was not reproducible. Since then there has been a regression.
Developed 2 tests to cover 6790391.
Added 2 tests in sqe workspace to verify whether there is a "browser" system property in plugin, whose value is "sun.plugin"
on firefox: http://sqeweb.sfbay.sun.com/jsn/users/fred/results/6790391/Standalone_deployment__2010_05_28_14_10_34/
on IE: http://sqeweb.sfbay.sun.com/jsn/users/fred/results/6790391/Standalone_deployment__2010_05_28_14_16_39/
on solaris: http://sqeweb.sfbay.sun.com/jsn/users/fred/results/6790391/Standalone_deployment__2010_05_28_14_03_47/