Steps to reproduce:
1. Delete the file %TEMP%/jusched.log
2. Install either JRE offline installer
3. Open the file %TEMP%/jusched.log
4. You will see METHOD=XX in the following:
:: InstallStatus:ret=200 visid=2afb156d4-8480574950 method=XX state=ic ver=NA,1.6.0_10-b526 ICstatus=;jre|0,;s3|-128;;;event7=1,;s4|-128;;;event7=1
It is fixed in the simple case but not in all cases.
w/o any JRE or current sponsor (I tested with YTB and OOoStub) add the jre and say yes to the sponsor. The result will correctly say method="joff-s" (again, as before I used the offline installer)
BUT remove the sponsor and then reinstall the JRE and the next time it adds the sponsor and JRE the result will claim method=XX, although somehow it DOES add the sponsor! In both cases the java_install_sp.log file will show the COUNTRY is US and the COUNTRYOVERRIDE is 0.
Adding more issues found with pings to this CR.
1. Online installer not sending ping in reinstall case
2. Online & offline pings are sending oldver=NA or 'empty string' in some cases.
And marking as 'Fix failed' since the original offline installer fix is not working
in reinstall cases. That is still sending method=XX when reinstalled.