"Files in Use" dialog provides an "Ignore" option, while showing the list of applications that lock java files. If we click "Ignore" and continue with installation, the existing installation is corrupted. With Patch-In-Place, its not recommended to ignore such locking, so better to disable/remove "Ignore" button.
- Install 6u10
- Launch IE, MZ, FF with Applets
- Install 6u11 Offline
- Files-in-Use dialog shown listing all browsers
- Click "Ignore"
- Files-in-Use dialog shown again
- Click "Ignore" again
- Error 1722 shown, registry entries are removed
Even though java installation is available under "$Program Files/Java/jre6"
- Applets are not loaded (Standalone applications can be loaded)
- Java installation not listed in "Add or Remove Programs"
- Java icon missing in windows "Control Panel"
Logs and screenshot attached..
The proposed fix, removing the 'ignore' control from Control.idt for the msi has some issues. Namely, msival2 whined during rebuild of the MSI with the change:
ICE Type Description
ICE03 ERROR Not a valid foreign key; Table: ControlEvent, Column: Control_, Key(s): FilesInUse.Ignore.EndDialog.Ignore.1
ICE20 ERROR Required PushButtons not found for the FilesInUseDialog.
It is now proposed that the button be hidden. Exploring this avenue now...
Hiding the Ignore button via the ControlCondition.idt table checked out ok.
The fix is tested and ready to be put-back for the offline installer. The sponsors installer will also need to be fixed and tested (in progress).