1. Support for per-applet JVM command-line arguments via "java_arguments" parameter.
2. May need updates for JRE version selection for individual applets. Don't know exactly how this is handled, or whether the backward compatibility mechanisms in 6606284 combined with whatever DT currently does will suffice. Direct support for the "java_version" parameter would be preferable.
- no new functionality needed here in DT, DT can install latest or any older JRE, or the latest in any family, and can do similar detection.
3. The detection mechanism should be augmented if possible to indicate that the new Java Plug-In is available.
4. In the context of the new Java Plug-In the concept of the "browser Java version" is obsolete and needs to be reconsidered.
- This is not really exposed at present in DT.
I think we have 2 new requirements here.
2.) need to have javascipt to determine if new or old plugin support is enabled.
these might be combined into one method that returns an enumerated value such as
NO_JAVA, MSVM_JAVA, SUN_JAVA_1, SUN_JAVA_2