...are now available; these reflect the changes circulated last week by
Paul Eggert on the time zone mailing list, as well as an updated link to
the ICU project in tz-link.htm.
Here are proposed changes to the tz database for the news items we've
* Brazil will observe DST from 2007-10-14 00:00 to 2008-02-17 00:00.
(Thanks to Steffen Thorsen for this.)
* Egypt switched earlier than we expected. (Thanks to Dirk Losch
and Jesper Norgaard Welen for this.)
* Likewise for Gaza. (Thanks to Jesper Norgaard Welen for this.)
* Iran will resume DST next year. (Thanks to Jesper Norgaard Welen
* Venezuela is currently planning to change time zones on January 1,
to -04:30. This seems to be a bit disorganized, but I suppose we
can change the database later as needed.