win 2000 pro(sp4)/ IE6
Tested build: jre-6u1-b01
Can't use keypad to play the game (simulate game actions). It is a regression, compatibility issue with jre-6-fcs and MS VM. The problem starts to occur in 6u1-b01.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Install jre-6u1-b01 into the test system
2) Using IE browser to load the game applet
3) Applet should be loaded. Follow instructions to start the game.
In 6u1-b01, you can't use any of:
Left arrow to rotate left
Right arrow to rotate right
Up arrow to forward
Space to shoot
In short, you can't use keypad to play the game as instructed. The game works fine using jre-6-fcs and MSVM.
This regression issue affects many client game applets from different sites (when applet games use keypad to simulate, operate game actions). Hence its priority is raised to P1 as must fix in 6u1.
We have noticed the same issue on following applets:
- http://www.permadi.com/java (Alien Troopers) --> the game controls are not working
- http://www.pogo.com (pogo.com - 3-Point Showdown) --> When used 'S' key to grab the ball or 'spacebar' to interact with applet, functionality is not
- http://www.pogo.com (pogo.com - Heavy Cannon) --> Controls like 'spacebar???,??? Arrow keys??? are not working. Unable to interact with the applet
- http://www.javaonthebrain.com. (Jayzees Maze) --> Controls of ???Arrow keys??? are not working for the applet
- http://www.jagex.com (jagex.com - Monkey Puzzle) --> No Controls (Arrow keys/Space Bar) are working in the applet
- http://www.jgames.com (JGames.com - Navy Battle) --> Key commands like N, 2 , 3, 4, 5 , Tab etc keys are not working.
- http://www.realapplets.com/app_arcade.asp (Real Invaders)--> Can't use "Enter" key to start the game
- http://www.java.com/en/games (vredungmand.dk - Mr, Hopwit and the Mysterious)
--> Arrow key controls are not working
- http://www.java.com/en/games (Radicalplay- Radical Aces) --> Can't user "Enter" key to continue with the game.
- http://www.jagex.com (Vertigo, Monkey Puzzle)--> No Controls (Arrow keys/Space Bar) are working in the applet.