By using a Java Webstart Application (testcase attached) with latest JRE 1.4.2 or JRE 5.0 over https on Solaris (sparc or x86), a dialog is shown with a unsuitable error message called
An error occurred while launching/running the application
Category: Launch File Error
The field <jnlp> has an invalid value: https
Java 1.4+ is required for HTTPS support
The error dialog appears if the testcase runs on
- Solaris with JRE 1.4.2 or 5 over https
The error dialog doesn't appear if the testcase runs on
- Solaris with JRE 1.4.2 or 5 over http
- Solaris with JRE 6 over https
- Windows with JRE 1.4.2, 5 over https
How to reproduce the problem
1. Set up a webserver which can accept https connection, and which is aware of jnlp
2. Extract the testcase to the document root.
3. Modify the codebase in the .jnlp files
4. Use JRE 1.4.2_12 or JRE 5u7
5. Use a browser on Solaris (Mozilla or Firefox) and go to the testcase folder.
6. You will see the error message which is mentioned above
A setup on SWAN exisits. See comments.