Cut and Paste to a an applet with a JTextField in a Modal JDialog fails on Windows 2000 with jdk 1.5.0_04
This seems related to CR # 5086496 but there are no errors with this particular test case as there aer with that CR. It simply doesn't cut and paste. Thus the filing of this CR.
Attached is the test case. It is also in /net/cores.central/cores/64566869
Tested 1.4.2_08, 1.4.2_10, 1.5.0, and 1.5.0_04.
Note: 1.4.2_10 was tried because of another cut and paste bug with applets.
This second bug, CR # 4856343
I tried the following build:
which is available at:
All versions fail for the modal case and _08 also fails for the non-modal case.
1) open the JavaTest.html file from /net/cores.central/cores/64566869 in IE.
2) Copy some text from WordPad and place it in the text box next to the "Name:"
label. This should work fine (except on 1.4.2_09 or earlier).
3) Then click the Non-Modal button. A JDialog should open with a text
box next to a "Name:" label. Cut and paste should work fine here too
(except on 1.4.2_09 or earlier).
4) Close the JDialog
5) Click the Modal button and a Modal JDialog should open with a text box
next to a "Name:" label.
6) Cut and paste to the Modal JDialog should fail.
###@###.### 2005-07-21 20:29:55 GMT