Error 1722 coming during jre1.5.0 installation by Windows user with limited (+elevated) priviledges
Steps to reproduce:
1. create a user account with limited priviledges
2. give that user elevated priviledges by following these instructions:
From an Administrator-level login, run the Microsoft Management Console --
1. Start, Run, MMC.EXE
2. Click File, Add/Remove Snap-in
3. Click Add...
4. Select: Local Users and Groups, Click Add
5. Click Finish
Run Group Policy Edit --
1. Start, Run, GPEDIT.MSC
2. Expand the tree on the left to see
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Installer
3. Double-click "Always install with Elevated Privileges"; choose Enable, OK
4. Double-click "Enable user to use media source while elevated"; choose Enable, OK
5. Expand the tree to see
User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Installer
6. Double-click "Always install with Elevated Privileges"; choose Enable, OK.
7. File, Exit.
Now try to install the jre1.5.0 as a non administrator.
Installer will finish with Error 1722 "...did not finished as expected..." with registry update
###@###.### 2004-12-15 01:29:50 GMT