If a full pathname of a file is given then JFileChooser is unable to open this file with J2SDK1.4.2 , this works ok with J2SDK1.5
I have two files in different directories with the same file name. After changing current working directory to one of them, I cannot get the other file if I manually key in the path and copy and paste the file name from the file in current working directory.
STEPS TO FOLLOW TO REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM :
1. copy one file to another directory (copy d:\log\aaa.txt d:\aaa.txt)
2. Run the test program, which opens the JFileChooser dialog box
3. change directory to d:\
4. click on aaa.txt (to select it). In the JFileChooser dialog box the name is editable now.
5. Ctrl - c to copy the file name ("aaa.txt")
6. key in the path "d:\log\" in the "File Name:" box
7. Ctrl - v to paste the file name "aaa.txt" in to "File Name:" box, so the path name is "d:\log\aaa.txt" now
8. click OK
An array out of bounds exception occurs.
###@###.### 10/29/04 20:16 GMT