The following bug fix:
5097531: Mouse Cursor should be the default cursor when ALT key is pressed, on win32
is supposed to show the default cursor always when ALT key is pressed once. The cursor should change to the component specific cursor only when ALT is pressed again or when something is clicked.
But this bug fix has not considered the case of having an AWT menu added to the frame. It fixes the problem for the no-awt-menu case. The scenario is as follows:
I am having a frame with a button and a menu.
1. Setting an image cursor for the frame containing a button.
2. setting wait cursor for the button.
3. pressing ALT. Chrsor changes to default cursor.
4. I am taking the mouse out of the frame and bringing it back.
5. Now I see Image cursor all over the frame, even on button.
This is incorrect. The cursor should always be the default cursor until I click something or press 'ALT' again.
This is noticed on Win_XP, since 1.2.2.
I have attached a test. Run the test. You would see a frame with a button. Move the mouse inside the frame. you should see an image cursor. Press & release the 'ALT' key. The cursor will change to def cursor. Take the mouse out of frame and bring it back. If you see the image cursor, the bug is reproduced.
###@###.### 10/19/04 13:10 GMT