I have a frame with a button. I have set WAIT_CURSOR for the button. Once the frame is shown, I am pressing & releasing 'ALT' key. Since there is no menubar in my application, windows grab the mouse and the wait cursor changes to the default cursor. After this I am noticing 2 things.
1. When I take the mouse out of the component and bring it back, the cursor changes to WAIT cursor again. This should not happen. It should remain as default cursor until the user presses ALT again.
2. As mentioned in point-1 the cursor changes to component specific cursor when the mouse pointer goes out of the component and enters again. Now when I move the mouse to the periphery of the frame, it should normally show the resize cursor. But since ALT key is pressed once, it should display the default cursor. But currently it displays the cursor of the component last visited.
This is noticed only on Win32 platforms on all releases.
I have attached a sample test. Execute it on WinXP.
1. You would see a frame and a button
2. Move the mouse over button. WAIT cursor should appear.
3. Press ALT key once and release.
4. The WAIT cursor should change to default cursor.
5. Move the mouse out of the component and bring it back into the component.
6. If the cursor changes to WAIT cursor, the bug is reproduced.
7. while the WAIT cursor is being shown, move the cursor over the frame's periphery. If wait cursor is still shown, the bug is reproduced (issue-2).
I think the fix for issue-1 would automatically resolve issue-2.