Our IE proxy discovery code depends on IE static settings stored in registry. But AOL client dynamiclly changes proxy settings based on different connection method.
Our plugin currently does not work with AOL browser due to this problem.
To reproduce in AOL client:
1. Download JRE 1.4.1_02 from
2. Reboot machine. In External IE, Advanced Option, make sure Java: Use Java 2 v.1.4.1_02 is checked.
3. Sign on AOL mature teen modem connection.
4. Go to http://browsertest.web.aol.com/tests/javamenu.htm, click JDK
Demo Tests on the left and pick any tests. Java Applet is not loading.
Expected results: Java would work for these tests.
1. Mature teen/TCP, Adult/TCP and Adult/modem are working for the same
2. Mature teen/modem is working when IE option Java: Use Java 2
v.1.4.1_02 is unchecked.
3. Mature teen/modem is working when other JRE version (e.g. 1.4.0_03)