Name: krT82822 Date: 11/03/99
java version "1.2.2"
Classic VM (build JDK-1.2.2-W, native threads, symcjit)
I want JComboBox to send an event just before the popup (drop down) list is
displayed. This would allow me to use an editable JComboBox in the following
1) The user enters a simple search criteria in the text field, e g "Cis*".
2) The user presses the drop down button or down key.
3) The application detects the drop down event, recognizes that the current
selection is a String (the criteria) and populates the list model
with entries matching that criteria.
4) The user selects one of the entries.
5) The user changes her mind and drops down the list again.
6) The application detects the drop down event, recognizes that the current
selection is an XxxEntry, not a String and does not repopulates the list
7) The user selects a new entry from the current set.
(Review ID: 97391)
Name: bk70084 Date: 05/28/98
Is there a way to capture when a user presses
the arrow on a combobox? If not, could there be?
I have a bit of processing to do to fill a combo
box and I would like to not load it until if and
when it is wanted.
I want to capture a press
on the arrow and not just in the combobox itself. In other words, if a
user drops the box down, I want to make sure that the list is
populated. However, if the user just wants to type text in that field,
without loading the list first, they should be able to.
(Review ID: 29985)